Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, September 18, 2010

LOVE CONTRACT


credits to deviantart

(..continuation)

That was a hard request for him, I could feel it. Just for 10 days, I proposed. Then after that, he won’t see me anymore. That’s quite a good span of time for me to have fun for a little while and leave this old forest behind me. It’s not like the others would care about me leaving.

The next day, I wore my best attire (still black) and waited for that prince in front of the same tree. I waited for his return until sunset. When I was about to leave once again, he called my name. I smiled. I thought he ditched me already.

“I’m a man who fulfills his promise, so don’t you worry about me running away,” he said.
Here it is. My dream for so long is coming true. I can’t wait to be able to see a castle again and the good thing about it is that I could enter too! I couldn’t hide my excitement and I can’t help but smile in our entire journey.

I could sense that he was staring at me. It must be weird to see a witch smiling like this. What are you looking at? I asked. He didn’t answer.

At last, we’ve arrived! It was one of the largest castles I have ever seen. We’ve passed through the main gate and when we entered, I saw this huge garden with my favorite flower in it, red tulips. It was a paradise for me unlike the forest I’m used to live at.

The prince introduced me to his father as a princess who helped him when he was in trouble. He said that I lived in a faraway place and that he invited me to stay here for a few days.

“Ah,” a manly voice said. It was him, the king.

“You were the one who helped our Prince Anthony,” he continued.

“Yes,” I answered. That was the start of a good relationship between the kind king and I.


It was the first day of being princess and I’m more than excited to start my day. I went to the prince’s room to see him but I found him sleeping soundly in his bed.

He’s a guy but he has thick and long eyelashes which I never thought looks attractive on him. I came closer to him just to observe him while sleeping but I guessed I woke him up instead. He jumped out of bed and moved away.

“Did you put some kind of spell on me or something?” he asked in a loud voice.

“Look, I’m grateful for saving my life and I’m doing you a favor here. So could you please, at least be princess-like from now on?” he continued. His words stabbed me.

I walked away with a straight face. I don’t know if I should get mad at him and turn him into a frog instead. But he was right… I guess. He is doing me a favor. Stupid witch. L

I went back to my room and waited for him instead. After two hours, he approached me and told me that a normal princess wouldn’t wear my normal clothes. Whew, I was relieved when his temper cooled down.

Prince Anthony found me one of the best (not black) dresses I have ever seen in my entire life. It was a white gown with a short sleeve made of satin, and a corset with a panel at the back under the lacing with lovely satin ribbons.

I put it on immediately and he was surprised by my appearance. I tied down my long hair and showed him the dress he personally picked for me. Without a thought, I smiled, knowing that his eyes are lock on mine, only mine..

Days passed by so quickly and I have never thought of leaving at all since the first time I stepped on the castle. Every morning, I got used to having breakfast with the king. We talked about a lot of things like those wild animals and other topics a normal princess would never talk about and I could feel that he was fascinated. One time, Prince Anthony brought me to the garden too and he picked flowers for me! He said that princes do that to princesses like us. It’s so good to be one of them…. for a few days now, I experienced how to be a princess that no other people would be afraid of.. but after a while, it came to an end.

For the finale of my stay, Prince Anthony organized a ball for me. He said that before I leave, I have to experience it. Leave. So it was the end. How great it is to be a royalty. If only a falling star would grant my wish, so that I could live normally like them.

The hall was full of people wearing their formal dresses. So this is what you call a ball. People gathered when the king formally introduced me as the princess who saved the prince’s life from death. When I was about to descend from the stairs, he offered me his arms. He was like a knight beside me. Will it be alright if we’re like this? I asked. He nodded.

Prince Anthony asked me to dance and I accepted his offer. Without caring about anybody’s comment, I felt like a real princess living in a real fairy tale. He smiled at me, I smiled at him, and my heart wants to jump out of my chest.

 But the fun didn’t last for long. There was quite an accident. I sensed that the chandelier was about to fall, and when it did, I stopped its motion by using the power of a witch, the real me. After saving everyone, they all looked down on me. I’ve heard all kinds of cruel words: a witch in disguise hypnotizing the prince, a witch hiding her blackest color, a witch planning to take over the castle, etc. I don’t want them to judge me.

But what hurts the most is hearing the king saying those hurtful things to me, too. He said that I was the lowest creature for coming to the castle and grabbing everyone’s trust. They thought that I had an evil trust and they don’t want me to come back ever again. I was once a princess but I’m a witch originally.

I ran away from them, from that crowd. If I’m Cinderella, I would just leave my other glass shoe, hoping that if my prince gets it, I would turn into a real princess. Stupid witch. Look what those fairytales had gotten me into.

Natalie, he called. His sweet voice is calling me again. I stopped for one moment and faced him with tears in my eyes.

“Our contract is officially over,” I said.

“We’re even now. I helped you, you helped me. Too bad, it didn’t turn out well in the end. But it’s all over now. I’m just gonna go back to my usually lifestyle.. I’m sorry for bothering you. I’m sorry for entering your life. I’m sorry for asking you a worthless wish.”

I didn’t even bother stopping my tears. They are way too strong for me. I could hear his voice inside his head: Finally, she’s gone…

A week had passed and I found myself watching my reflection on the small river. Black hair, black eyes, black dress.. a typical witch. From now on, I will never think of being a princess again. The king, the castle…I missed all of them though. This is what I get for deceiving them. But the person I missed the most….was him.

I missed his eyes, the bridge of his nose, his lips, his smile and his hands that held me for a while like a real fairy tale I once heard of right before some witch ruin the whole scene. I guess I would never see him again. But to my surprise…

His reflection appeared beside mine. I looked back and he was really there, smiling at me and holding a red tulip. I’m sorry, he said. He explained how everything worked out in the end. The king realized how great I was to save them from the falling chandelier. They realized that I wasn’t scary after all and they want to reconsider my stay.

“It was a love contract you gave me,” he said.

“And I want to extend it for the rest of eternity,” he continued.

So, who said that witches don’t have a happy ending? Everybody could have one as long as you believe that true love can surpass everything and if you are really meant to be, then destiny will make the necessary arrangements for you. This is how my story ended, a love contract fairytale of a witch and  a prince. J

0 comments:

Post a Comment