Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Asrai



Chapter Six: Dmitri

                My Wedding Day. I really want to come back to Serenity. I do love her already. But there’s nothing I can do. I want to escape everything and be with her but I’m not sure if she feels the same way.

                After a long argument with the king, my father, he warned me not to run away for the future of our kingdom depends on this wedding. But what about my heart? It only depends on Serenity.

                People gathered. They are all anticipating the moment that Evelyn and I would be united as one. I was at the altar waiting for her. If only there’s a way to make her back out then everything would be fine but it’s too late. She was already making her way to reach my arms and start the ceremony.

                She was standing beside me, happy that I am also with her. She told me that for a long time now, she have this secret admiration for me that’s why she agreed to have this marriage. Why is everyone always telling me that? I don’t deserve any of them. I’ve already given my heart to her…Serenity.

                I wasn’t ready to tie myself with her. This princess isn’t the person I want to spend my life with. I was afraid to exchange vows with her because I know that not only am I fooling her, I’m also fooling myself.

                I was surprised when the door opened when the priest asked if someone objects. It was her. The love of my life, horrified by what she is seeing right now. What is she doing here? She wouldn’t be able to breathe here right? Why? What did she do with herself just to see me?

                I couldn’t resist her eyes full of sorrow. I know what she is feeling right now. She feels betrayed. But I’m not throwing her away. I want her. Just when I am about to run away with her, she already ran away. As soon as her tears fell from her beautiful eyes, the rain fell at the same time. Serenity, I called out trying to make myself heard. That was the time that I’ve finally left everything behind to pursue to girl that captured my sleeping heart.

Chapter Seven: Serenity

                Who are you? I asked the voice calling my name. I was in the darkest part of the forest. It was her, the witch.

                You came back so soon, Asrai. Did you have fun? She asked, mocking me with her voice.

                I was wrong. Could you please return my wings instead? I pleaded.

                I told you already, there’s no turning back. And you know what, if someone gives you your precious kiss, he will face death. But at the end of the day, if you’re still you, you will die instead.

                She didn’t tell me that. I was so mad at her I could strangle her. If she weren’t just a voice, I could have killed her. But before I would be able to do that, I will die first, alone on this forest.

                The voice disappeared after a moment and I was left sobbing at the heart of the forest. I’m a disgrace to everyone. It’s nearly sunset and my mind is set that I will surely die and I have to accept it. But I just can’t. Something tells me that I should continue waiting….. for I still have one shot left for happiness.

                I wasn’t wrong this time. He came back for me. I was already gasping for air. I’m slowly losing all my strength. Reality check. I’m an Asrai, he’s a human. We will never be meant for each other.

                I closed my eyes waiting for the time of my death. Suddenly I felt his warm hands again holding mine. I looked at him with words unspoken, hoping I could let everything out and tell him he is important to me.

                I didn’t mean to hurt you, Serenity. He said in a cold voice as if he’s feeling so sad for seeing me like this.

                You’re the one my heart yearns for. I’ve left her right when you opened the door. You made me realize that I have to fight for what I love…to fight for you. I was sitting on a rock when he leaned on me to kiss my forehead. I was overwhelmed by his sudden confession. At least, I know now that once in my life I was loved by one person.

                Even if I tell you that I am also in love with you, Dmitri, I’m dying. I said looking at his expression wishing I was just joking around. But I wasn’t. I don’t want to be human anymore. I don’t want him to kiss me and lose his life. Nothing matters anymore but knowing that we feel the same way about each other. I’m sorry. But loving him is enough.

                I embraced my death as the moonlight made its way towards me. I’m slowly losing my form, fading away through the night. He stared at me with amazement. Despite the fact that I was dying, I still looked beautiful in his eyes. This was the first time I have ever fallen in love, I whispered gathering all the strength left within me. I was happy that you are here with me until the last second of my life.

                I don’t want you to leave, he is almost crying in his voice. I smiled at him. Everything would pass away, soon. I disappeared in front of him, leaving a drop of water behind.


Dmitri couldn’t accept the death of the person he truly loves. By the time she disappeared, he reached for the dagger inside his pocket and slowly killed himself. The only thing left in the woods is the pearl necklace that Serenity left. Only the two souls have witnessed both of their sacrifice for love. Now they have eternity. This is not the end of their love story, but just the beginning of a brand new life in heaven for love chooses no time or place to bloom. It only needs two hearts the beats together at the same time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment