Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, September 11, 2010

ASRAI



Chapter Three: DMITRI
                She is still stuck in my head. I’ve never seen such beauty in my entire life. Since last night, I’ve been wondering who she is, where she came from. But what if she is just a product of my imagination? Did I really see her? Or was it my playful mind seeking for someone that could surpass the girls being presented to me? I hope not.
                Another day had passed and I’m still missing her, the girl that changed my whole perception of beauty. I could only see it in her and wherever I go, I see her pretty face. Her blue eyes are like diamonds, slowly capturing me inside her world.
                “Dmitri,” my father called. He stood beside me on the balcony of my room, adoring the beauty of our very own Cinderford. What does he want now? I thought. I know that this conversation won’t lead to anything good.
                “I’ve found the right one,” he said. I got a little hint inside my head. He clearly told me that he had found the right bride for me, the rightful princess of our kingdom, and my queen in the next years to come. She came from Canterbury, located in South East England. It is the what-so-called paradise of my father and he envies the place for a long time now. The main reason why he chose that girl was because she’s not just beautiful but also smart. A lot of people adore her. Her name was Evelyn, whose meaning is a beautiful bird. Like one, she soars high in the world of royalties.
                “I don’t think marrying someone I don’t even love is a good thing, father,” I said bravely in front of the king. It was like he didn’t hear any words I said. You will learn to liker her in time, he keeps on telling me these words. But since I saw for myself the girl with heavenly beauty, my decision of following his order wavered.
                The king invited Princess Evelyn and her father, King Rutherford, to the palace for dinner. She was beautiful, yes, but I don’t feel this kind of spark I felt last night. I was bothered when she keeps on looking at me. She was amazed by the man in front of her, maybe? But it didn’t matter.

                She was wearing a long, red dress with fabulous chain stitch embroidery in a pale gold metallic thread forming subtle scrolls and leaves. It would be an honor to marry a prince like you, she said. I spotted a little admiration in her for me. The two kings listened to our conversation, happy to hear that we are finally getting to know each other. I didn’t have a choice but to answer that I feel the same way. And in loud voice, my father announced with a grin on his face, “So it is settled. You’re gonna get married in three days.” My Doomsday.

------

 

                A week had passed and there is no sign of her. I waited and waited and waited…. But since then I never saw her again. I’ve been waiting for her in the same place but she still hasn’t come. Where is she? If only we meet again…

 

Chapter Four: Serenity

                He was a man with golden brown eyes. I thought that only Asrais posses that kind of beauty, but I was wrong. I found myself smiling for no reason that very night. It was the first time that I’ve been like this to a human. He was a man with brown hair and a masculine body. His voice is still echoing in my head. Why is he asking me to come back? Was he really just amazed by the appearance of an Asrai like me?

 

                It was another week, another day to go to the surface of the water and gain strength from the moon. I did the usual ceremony to myself and then spent a little time bathing under the beautiful moonlight. My wings continue to glitter like stars and now they are more beautiful than ever. But what is it I hear? Rustling leaves again? If it is another human, I will surely make my move in order to be safe.

               

                Time stopped. I was sure I wasn’t dreaming. There he was, coming into the water…making his way to see me, to touch my face and make sure I’m real. I was left hanging by the moment. I didn’t notice my wings flapping together. His soft, warm hands finally touched my face. Beautiful, he whispered. Wake up, Serenity, I told myself. I shouldn’t trust a human like him although ever since, I’ve wanted to be like one.

                “Foolish human,” I said. I looked away looking at the still water.

 

“Do you know the consequences of coming here? “ I asked. An Asrai has the ability to trap all the people who meet her eyes and make her into a stone. But we all have a choice if we wanted to or not.

 

I could feel that he doesn’t know what will happen to him. His half-drenched body came closer and closer until I can finally feel him breathing near me. I could trap you, you know, I told him trying to be a scary fairy.

 

“If that’s what you want,” he smiled. I finally looked at him, not resisting anymore. He was a sight to see. He has a flawless skin, a perfect face and a sweet smile that would make you forget everything. What creature is he that could make me, Serenity, an Asrai, fall in love at first sight? I was the one trapped by his gaze.

 

I’m Dmitri, he said.

 

Serenity.

 

Chapter Five: Serenity

                He came back for the next two nights. He told me he was a prince. I was delighted to hear all his stories. A human’s life is so exciting, unlike mine who just wastes her time wandering in the ocean. I could feel my heart pounding every time he speaks and I just can’t wait to escape my world and be with him. That’s why I’ve decided to be like him, a human who could go out when the sun is shining, a human who could walk on land and explore the vast world. I’m tired of being me.

 

                The next day, I came to the witch of the pearls that could grant any wish. They said she was tricky but I don’t care, as long as Dmitri would be around me, I’m fine. I’ve fallen ridiculously in love with him and I couldn’t explain why.

 

                What do you want, young fairy? A voice asked. I looked around, seeing only dark clams and hearing one voice echoing in the ocean.

 

                I’m looking for that witch that could grant any wish! I said.

               

Well you came to the right place. But now I tell you, there is no coming back and you have to sacrifice one thing that is important for you. She told me. Now I could only see her shadow and her dark eyes looking towards me.

I believe your wish is to be a human? she asked. She was right. Maybe a lot of creatures asked her already and I’m not different from them. The time has come to finally give up my precious possession. In order to grant my wish, I gave up my wings. I loved my wings more than myself, but now, for Dmitri, I will give it up. I just want to be with him.

 

The witch was more than happy to receive it. My wings are the prettiest among anyone else. In return, she gave me pearl necklace. Then she told me: This necklace would make you human. To be one of them forever, you should find someone that truly loves you by the end of the day and make him kiss you. Dmitri. He must love me. He is probably in love with me, right?

 

But there are consequences, she continued but as soon as she gave me the necklace, she disappeared.

 

-------

 

I wore the necklace at once when I reached the surface of the water. She was right, I feel like I’m really a human. There is just one thing left to do, make Dmitri kiss me. But where am I gonna look for him? Oh! That’s right. He told me he lived in a pretty big castle. I tried to find my way to the city and found the castle he was talking about. While walking (it feels so good to feel the ground!), people continue to stare at me, whispering words of endearment. Aside from that, they are all talking about this big celebration at that same palace. What is it? I will find out for myself.

 

It was like a paradise here. Maybe my grandmother was a little bit wrong about the human’s place not being that beautiful. I love the red roses blooming in the garden of the palace. There’s one more thing I noticed, there are a lot of people today and they are all dressed well. Good thing an Asrai’s clothes fit well here. As usual, I’m wearing my blue dress that everyone keeps on looking at with a red flower on my hair.

 

 I heard noises…noises inside. I followed it and I reached the huge church inside. It was full of white tulips as decorations. It was like a wedding is being celebrated here. A wedding. It must be nice to be here. Due to my curiosity, I opened the creaky door and everyone locked their eyes on me…including him. To my surprise, I found him on the altar, the reason why I gave up my wings. There is another girl beside him, a girl with curly hair, wearing a long white dress, her bride. I was stupid enough to think that that human would feel the same about me. I was the one trapped. Tears fell from my eyes. All I could do was run away….run away from my love. Stupid fairy.


(To Be Continued...)

~sorry for the long story, i just can't seem to finish it. :|

0 comments:

Post a Comment