Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Asrai

ASRAI
credits to:
deviantart
photoshop cs4

Chapter One: SERENITY

I want to be a human, I sighed while gazing at the beautiful stars. There are so many things I want to do in life. I want to experience walking on the ground and feeling the heat of the sun. I want to be able to touch those beautiful flowers that I could only lay my eyes upon. But most importantly, I want to fall in love, a simple thing Asrais are not allowed to do. This is my only dream, and for a thousand years already, I am just holding it in my heart. If only there’s one way to do it….I would risk everything.

Asrais. We are the only fairies who could swim around in the ocean. We have the ability to stay under water. This is where we live, where we belong. I have never seen the outside world, but as the elders had said, our place is far more beautiful than theirs. There is peace in Malvern and it is the best place to live. I admit that I’m living a happy life here, but I still need answers. I want to know if there something waiting for me… outside.

When I was a little child, my grandmother told me a story about a mermaid who fell in love with a prince. She wished to be human so she went to see the great witch of the sea. After living a life on the land, she found out that the witch has consequences. In order to be fully human, she had to kill the one she loves. When she found out that the prince loves someone else, she didn’t bother pointing a knife on his heart. She wants him to be happy so she let herself disappear. She vanished in the glittering sky with a teardrop from her eye. The story left me frowning in my grandmother’s room but then I realized that I am not a mermaid and it will never ever happen to me. But isn’t it what I desire right now? Poor mermaid who risked everything for the one she loves. She wasted her life for him, will I also do that?

It was a full moon. All Asrais are waiting for this night. Once every century, we gaze into the shining moon at the surface of the water, absorbing its power to gain strength in order to preserve our form. I went to the farthest part of the ocean, hoping to have a greater view and a silent place where I could concentrate. Finally, after 16 years, I have a chance to have a glimpse on the outside world. I let my head out of the water, making sure there aren’t any humans around. When I was sure there aren’t, I let half of my body out, exposing my white wings that glitter because of the moonlight. I raised my head up high and locked my eyes on the moon, whispering words of enchantment to complete my task. As soon as I finished, I heard rustling leaves on my right direction. A man with golden brown eyes appeared. He is completely captured by my appearance, like every other creature. But I never thought I would be the same to him. A human shouldn’t see me, I thought. I swam to the bottom of the ocean as fast as I could. I left him with his voice echoing in my head, asking me to come back.

Chapter Two: DMITRI

            Another day at the palace. The king wouldn’t allow me to choose my own bride. He keeps on lining up these princesses that I don’t even know. Some say they came from France, some from Germany, but they all look the same to me. They are pretty in other people’s eyes but I couldn’t see the same thing. I want to see someone different, someone that could hypnotize me not only by her beauty but also by her heart.

            I got tired asking and asking these girls the same question everyday: What makes you want to be my bride? I’m not bragging but I’m the most popular prince in the entire England. I didn’t know how did that happen but I guess I impressed them in my sword skills when I joined a battle outside the country. I shouldn’t have in the first place if I only knew it would come to this. I just want to be a normal guy. Even if it’s just for one night, I want to escape this place.

            I took Alexis, my horse, for a walk in the city. I covered my face with brown handkerchief so that people won’t recognize me. I saw how beautiful Cinderford is and I am more than happy to be the prince of this place. I went to the largest garden of the city and envied the beauty of the flowers. If only such beauty also exists in my world. Hours passed by so fast that I didn’t realize it’s already night time.

A visit to the ocean came into my mind. I’ve been thinking that it would be nice to feel the cold breeze especially when no one’s around. The ocean is one of the best places for me because it is where my mom took me when I was a child…before she passed away. After an hour of throwing pebbles and sitting on a rock, I found out that it is a full moon tonight. Oh, how beautiful it was! It looks so big and near to me that I could reach my hand and grab it. If only she is still here, my mom, I would certainly grab it for her. After a while, I heard someone whispering in the middle of the ocean. I hid behind the nearest bush and searched for the sweet voice in the still water. I felt electricity when I laid my eyes on her. Without thinking, I left the bush to have a better glimpse on the girl who captured my eyes. I looked at her and she looked at me. I could feel this sweet sensation in the air. But she’s a girl with wings and that made her more special for me. She’s perfect. I love her long black hair, her white skin, and the mark of a star beside her eyes. Is she a fairy? I never thought such thing exists. Well, it didn’t matter. I just found the girl whom I want to spend my life with…. Come back, I said. But she disappeared right in front of my very eyes. 

(to be continued...)



0 comments:

Post a Comment