Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, July 31, 2010

HIGH SCHOOL: A Story of Friendship and Love presents "The Tunnel of Love"

HIGH SCHOOL: A Story of Friendship and Love


My collection of short stories.
These are fiction stories only.
Smile and Feel the Story (please). :D
----------
The Tunnel of Love



                It was a rainy day and I was stuck in traffic. Just two more minutes and I’ll be late again and one more late, I’ll be suspended. I thought that maybe I’m not one of those lucky people who could easily get out of a situation like this. But I never thought that one thing about this day could change my life forever.

                I ran to the entrance of the school. And yes, as I have said, I was marked late. It goes to my personal record…. AGAIN. I don’t care anymore. I’m used to that. I’m not an early bird at school and I’m not a good student either. The dark clouds poured their rain on me.  Wth? I thought. Why now? The school is not that big but I need at least five minutes to run to our classroom. Our building is located at the back and it is kinda far for me, not to mention that it is on the 4th floor. Did I also mention I wasn’t that fit and I’m not a runner either? I was soaking wet when I reached the tunnel at the center of our school which I usually pass. It would be so embarassing to go to our classroom like this, I said to myself. And that was the time that something or someone rather caught my eye.

                She was standing in front of me, at the other side of the tunnel. She was wearing the uniform of our school, so she is probably a student here too. She has long brown hair and white skin. Her eyes are like two jewels and her lips, a perfect curve. Like me, she is taking a break from the cruelsome rain that’s trapping us both here in this tunnel. Fate, maybe.

                Our eyes met at last. I stood frozen to her gaze. She was my little miss perfect. The way she looks at me makes everything alright. I forgot the time and I was running late more than ever. So I passed by her holding the thought that fate will let us meet again.

                A week has passed and I’m still thinking of her. She was the only girl that I can’t seem to forget, the only girl who made it through my heart. It was love at first sight. To my surprise, I saw her AGAIN at the end of that tunnel on my way to the exit. She was holding a crumpled photo, crying. I looked at her for a minute. I want to comfort her so badly, but I’m so scared. Why would a stranger like me do that? She might think I’m scary. O_o

                She suddenly stopped crying for a moment and as she walked to the opposite side, she saw me. Frozen again by her stare, she said, “What are you doing here?”

                “I’m sorry,” I replied. “I was just passing by.”

                “Oh,” she said and then walked away. I looked back at her and called her. That was brave.

                “I saw you crying a while ago. I’m sorry for being weird all of a sudden but I was thinking if there’s something I can do for you?” I finally told her. “I’m Christian, by the way.”

                She smiled at me. It was a beautiful smile. “Thanks,” she replied. “I’m Lovely.” And then she walked away. It was a day I would never ever forget, a day where I finally knew her name.

                Lovely, her name fits her. She was as lovely as the moon and  the stars at night. She was as lovely as the flowers that bloom and the ocean from afar. Oh my miss perfect, when would I see you again?

                At that same tunnel I waited for her, holding a rose on my left hand. I waited for so long, but she never came. I was so sad that I was about to throw the rose on the floor.

                “Is that for me?” a voice asked. I was shocked to see that girl flashing her smile on me, her hair blown gently by the wind that surrounds us both.

                It took time for me to reply. It was so hard to let the words come out of my mouth. But eventually, I was able to tell her everything.

                So here’s the catch. Don’t be surprised or anything but I just want to tell you one thing. I like you. I fell for you at first sight. I’ve been trying so hard but I can’t take you off my mind. I’m so sorry for thinking about you every minute, every second. The moment I saw you crying, I feel like my heart was being ripped apart. I wanted to take your hand and comfort you but I don’t have the courage to do so. And lastly, here’s a rose for you, I’m still hoping you’d take it.” That day, we started meeting each other here in our tunnel of love.

                Months have passed and I’m living a life with her. It was perfect. When I confessed my feelings for her, she gladly accepted it. And now, we’re happy together. Even though she hasn’t told me yet that she also likes me, I would wait for her. I could always feel her warmth, like golden rays of sunshine in my heart.

                One rainy morning, we meet again at that tunnel. She was waiting for me with a frown on her face.  I asked her what’s wrong but she just looked at me, her lips tight. “I’m so sorry,” she whispered. Why?

                “Three months ago, when you saw me crying, my father just died. You know that you brought life back to me. Because of you, I’ve given up the thought of giving up. But now, my mom wants me to follow her in the US. She knew I’m seeing you and she doesn’t want me to fall in love..yet. Yes, I do love you. I love you more than anyone else in the world. She’s taking me, Christian, she’s taking me away from you. She wants me to choose between my future and you,” she explained crying.

                I couldn’t say anything. I just wiped her tears and then I hold her hands so tight and I wasn’t planning to let these hands go. I put my arms around her and said, “Listen to my heart, it’s beating for you. Whatever choice you make, I would accept it because I love you. But if it is you’re future, you might as well go. If I truly love you, I would do what’s best for you, even if it hurts me to see you go.” My voice was calm, trying not to let tears come from my eyes. And then she walked away.

                She was sad, I could feel it. But the moment she told me she loves me, my world came back to its natural color, more natural than ever. My words strucked me. If I truly love her, I would do what’s best for her, even if it hurts me to see her go. That’s true. I love her with all my heart and there’s no point in shattering her future into pieces. Love shouldn’t be one-sided.

                A year later, I was back here in our tunnel. I’ve graduated from high school and now I’m a fresh college student. I stood here for hours reminiscing our love. At the part of the tunnel where she usually stands, I saw a writing that says: Lovely + Christian = love. I will love you for an eternity. That kept my hopes up, that someday, just maybe, fate will bring us back together here in our tunnel of love.

3 comments:

14Lovely23 said...

Lovely, her name fits her. She was as lovely as the moon and the stars at night. She was as lovely as the flowers that bloom and the ocean from afar. - Love this line hahahahaha... mga LOVELY tlga...

choosing ur future and love... errr...so bitter... hahahaha..

Lesson: minsan kahit tama, masasaktan ka... pero ganun tlga eh... s huli dba natuto ka naman...

That kept my hopes up, that someday, just maybe, fate will bring us back together...

amads said...

hay, cheesy much! if it just happened in real life. if it just happened when we were still in SJA.

side comment-don't you ever use our names, or i kill you!! XDD >:)))) JK

alyssa said...

i just saw this!! hanep!

Post a Comment