Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, August 20, 2010

HIGH SCHOOL: A Story of Friendship and Love presents "Prom Night"

HIGH SCHOOL: A Story of Friendship and Love 
presents


Prom Night


                Masquerade. It was a good theme for our promenade. Two more weeks and their long waits are over. Yes, their. I’m not the kind of girl who actually anticipates this kind of thing. Well, I’d rather be at home reading books rather than staying up all night doing nothing. It is such a waste of time for me, but I never thought that among anyone else, I would be the one who would be enjoying it the most.

                It’s gonna be a long night, I thought. I was thinking of my first and last prom in high school and I’m not even excited. All the girls in our class are talking about it for months! They’re all busy picking their dresses and, of course, finding the perfect partner. Yeah, right. Not me, okay? I’m going but it’s just because my Mom is making me do it. She wants to dress me and everything. I have no choice but to agree. I’m her only daughter and this time it’s not a good thing for me. Tomorrow night, I’d be a walking barbie doll.

                It was Prom night. We arrived on time. The whole place is full of glittering lights and shining people. I could only see gorgeous guys and girls in the area. Everybody’s looking really great and they appear so heavenly to me. With my long, purple gown with silver linings on the side, I walked to the red carpet. I could sense that their eyes are set on me. Well, it’s really unexpected for me to come. I don’t blame them. I have this nerdy and loner impression on them. It didn’t matter anyways so I just walked with no date on my side.

                I sat on the farthest table, alone, lonely, and bored. All the people in the room put on their masks and gazed on the guest host. It was Simon, a famous celebrity. Wow. Our school must be rich to afford him. He’s wearing a black tux with shiny black shoes and he is also accompanied by a lady in red.

                “Ladies and gentleman,” he formally started. “Let me introduce to you one of the highly respected pianist in Los Angeles, a special guest for this evening. He already performed in more than twenty countries across the world and tonight, he’ll be giving us a special performance.”

                He didn’t tell us his name. He appeared with a silver mask on his face. Great. Now everyone thinks he’s like a prince charming who appeared from nowhere. Even though I haven’t seen his face yet, I could tell that his white suit looks good on him. His face is covered with a silver mask with little gems on its side. It’s like it is made for him….so perfect.

                He walked straight to the piano on the other side of the stage which is near my direction. There is one rose on top of it to add more drama to the scene. He felt the whole surroundings first and then started to play a piece, Canon in D. It was music to my ears. I never thought I would be this mesmerize with a person I hardly knew. As I set my eyes on him, I feel like I knew him, maybe in a dream or in my past life. There’s this uneasy emotion inside me which makes one of the ladies who can’t restrain themselves from falling…falling so bad.

                Did he just look at me? I asked myself wondering if that’s really the case. I mean, he did look at my direction, and there’s no one else here but me. Maybe because I looked different or maybe I looked the worst this evening. It’s really hard to tell. But with that simple glimpse, he captured me.

                His performance was already finished. He left a killer smile on his audience. I wonder what I would feel if he smiled at me like that? It was a unique smile that could grab the hearts of the all the girls inside the room, including me. I just hope he is not leaving yet, but he is.

                After a few moments, everything turned back to normal. The ladies are back on their partners and everyone started dancing. Unlike everbody else, I stared blankly on my table wondering if there’s something exciting that would happen to me this evening. To my surprise, he appeared again in my vision, making his way through the crowd. He seems invisible to others, but for me, he’s the only one I see. This is so much like a movie scene, where everything turns slow motion and the camera is only capturing our gaze. If this is just a dream, don’t wake me up.

                He stopped right in front of me. I looked at his perfect blue eyes that are probably set on me. It was so perfect that I’m slowly melting inside.

                Good evening. Are you alone? He asked. I obviously am, right? What a stupid question he’s asking me. It was stupid but it gives me chills to the bones. His deep voice is a perfect match for his look.

                Would you like to dance? he asked. PERFECT. Just perfect. I reached for his soft, warm hands. I confessed to him that I don’t know how to dance but he just smiled at me. He took my hand and put it on his shoulders. He slowly trapped me into his eyes as we danced in the evening. Everybody’s staring. The gorgeous and mesmerizing masked guy is dancing with me, just a girl. It was a night filled with envy.

                You looked pretty, he said. I blushed for a moment. He was the first guy to tell me that.. and maybe the only one. You seem different….he paused.

                Yeah, different, I told him with a frown on my face.

                Good kind of different, he said as he smile at me again, flashing his shiny, white teeth. He stared at me like he probably knew me for a long time. He slowly took of his mask and showed his whole image. He was a guy with perfect eyes, perfect skin and perfect lips. He was like one of those leading men on the movie screen and I’m the simple girl who usually appear as an extra on movies.

                But something’s familiar about him…. That little scar on his left eye. He gently touched my face. I didn’t know what he was doing but it certainly keeps my heart beating.

                Don’t you remember me, Alyssa?  I’m David.

                My whole world turned upside down. David, he was my childhood friend, a betrayer, and my first love. I ran away to the balcony, wanting to be apart from him. I didn’t want to cross paths with him ever again. Eight years ago, when we were still a little younger, David and I are best friends. We always do things together. One time, he saved my kite from the tree where it was stuck. I was so frantic the moment he climbed the tree, I didn’t ask him to but he still did. I was touched when he risked his life for me. That’s the reason why he got his scar. He wasn’t that handsome back then. I don’t know what changed him. On my 9th birthday, he gave me a ring that he said was the symbol of our friendship, we made a promise that we will never leave each other for we come in package. We’re more than brothers and sisters, but he didn’t know that I have this feeling inside me. It was a promise he didn’t keep. The next day, I looked everywhere for him, but he’s nowhere to be found. We had a promise that we’ll meet again on our playground but their house was empty and people said that they’ve already moved to another place. Without one single goodbye, he left me, alone. I have no one else to turn to. I have no other friends than him, I have no other love than him. Puppy love, they say. But it was true love, for true love picks no age.

                He ran after me on the balcony. He was holding a rose on his right hand. He knelt down and asked for my forgiveness. For these past few years, he said. I was thinking of you. I didn’t mean to leave you. That time when I was about to meet you in our playground, I was hit by a car. For months I’ve been unconscious and my Dad also decided to move away so I could recover. I didn’t realize that I’ve been leaving you behind. I’m sorry but I tried. Now, I want you to stay with me and be together again. When you’re not beside me, I’m incomplete. It had been years but you’re still on my mind and in my heart. You were my first love, my only love, the only girl that could make me smile.

                I was speechless. All this time I’m just thinking for myself, he is lying on his bed, worrying about me while recovering for what happened. I was selfish and ignorant. There it goes again, my heart is telling me not to close my heart. He was my only love, too. I’m so sorry, I told him.

                He gave me the rose on his hand and then held my hands for a long time. He slowly leaned on me and kissed my cheeks. It was an evening I couldn’t forget, an evening full of love. I realized that no matter how long it takes, love will still be beside us, for love isn’t just a thing, it’s a feeling that no one could break apart. Love is not about selfishness but forgiveness. Destiny is just doing it’s part giving us the best love story we could ever have!

5 comments:

ALYSSA said...

OMG

ALYSSA said...

I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WRITE STORIES HERE! YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME READ YOUR BLOGS.

danica :D said...

awiee.. don't read it! nakakahiya sau. AHAH!

Sheena.is.Chinne said...

Dandan, bakit hindi mo sinabi na nagsulat ka ng ganito! <3 <3 <3

danica :D said...

waaaa... hahaha.. :D

Post a Comment